"Joining the Living in the Self 200 hr Yoga Teacher Training was above and beyond what I could've ever imagined! The beautiful teachings and amazing wisdom that were shared have taught me how to enrich my life through the joy of yoga. I recommend anyone who has the desire to live a fulfilling life to consider joining this amazing training! "
Learn to offer the wisdom of Yoga as a gift from your heart…
This training is intended for anyone who feels called and touched by the vast world of Yoga & Meditation, and would like to gain a further depth of understanding into these sacred ancient practices and how to best share and inspire others on their path. Our intention in offering this YTTC is to provide you with not only the tools of Yoga, but also to inspire you to teach yoga & meditation as a truly transformational gift.
This 200 hour training will be a comprehensive journey with a great focus upon the esoteric origins of the yogic practice and lifestyle, bringing a working and approachable synergy between these Eastern practices and Western understandings and teaching methodologies. Together, we will be constantly working to unravel each of our gifts and abilities, allowing you to realize and cultivate your most authentic way of living and sharing these teachings. We will also focus on a down to basics approach of how to cultivate a yoga practice as a true healing modality and how to individualize the practice for each of our students’ restorative and curative needs.
This foundational program is ideal for aspiring teachers, serious students of yoga and current teachers looking to broaden their knowledge and enhance their teachings. The course will bring together a perfect blend of theory, history, practice and embodied exercises to truly allow each participant to feel well-versed in the teachings and confident in sharing them with others. It is our hope that each participant, by delving deeply into the classical wisdom and spiritual intention that is at the heart of Yoga, will be inspired to discover their own fullness of potentiality and to enliven that in the people around them.
Classical Hatha & Laya Yoga: An in-depth study, practice and exploration of this tradition:
- Asana: Discover the profound wisdom of posture as a tool for deepening relaxation, awareness and meditation.
- Bandhas & Mudras: Classical Kundalini techniques & teachings
- Pranayama: Breath as a potent tool used both in asana and sitting practices
- Meditation: Daily practice & instruction on how to guide others with the help of various meditation techniques
Yoga Philosophy: A comprehensive series of lectures exploring the Yogic understanding of Life, Consciousness & Existence.
- Bhagavad Gita
- Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras
- The Art of Alignment & Adjustment
- Creating Sacred Space
- Presence, Poise & Voice
- Deep Listening & Compassionate Communication
- Ethical Marketing
- Karma Yoga
- Functional Anatomy & Physiology Classes
- Subtle Anatomy: The Chakras, Nadis and Subtle Bodies
Each student will:
- assist at least 2 classes
- teach 3 classes to your fellow participants
- Nidra Yoga: The Yoga of Sleep, Dreams and the Power of Deep Relaxation
- Nada Yoga: The Yoga of Sacred Sound, Rhythm & Mantra
- Kriya Yoga: The Yoga of Purification of the physical, energetic and mental bodies
- Tantra Yoga: Discovering the sacredness inherent in every aspect of life
- Introduction to Sanskrit
- Ayurveda: Understanding Doshas, Gunas, Therapeutic Yoga Practices & Basic Herbs
- Diet: Guidance on holistic/yogic nutrition, mindful eating & cooking
- Healing & Purification: Kriya Yoga, Fasting & Cleansing
- Kirtan: Sharing of devotional song, chanting and musical celebration
- Daily Mindfulness & Awareness Exercises
* The total 200 hr training will include the completion of 6 weekends, One 3-Day residential retreat, unlimited class attendance at Stoney Lake Wellness (some of which you will assist) & a "Karma Yoga" Service project (service project of your choice)
6 Weekends @ Stoney Lake Wellness (Fridays: 6-10 pm & Saturdays/Sundays: 7-6)
April 29-May 1
3-Day Retreat Weekend: May 26-29
June 24-26 (final weekend & graduation)
$2200 + HST (Earlybird until Feb 1st, 2015)
$2500 + HST (After Feb 1st)
· 200+ hours of training
· Unlimited drop-in classes at Stoney Lake Wellness for the duration of the program
· 3-day residential retreat (including accommodation, delicious food & teachings)
· Private consultations with the main teachers to set and clarify goals
· 50% Off Private wellness/ayurvedic consultation with Tiffany
· 10% discount off store products and workshops for duration of the program
· Yoga Alliance certification
Stoney Lake Wellness