Choco-Chia & Raspberry 'Oatgurt' Parfaits
Make these for breakfast, dessert or midday snacks...fun to make with the kids, delicious, rich in omegas, sugar & dairy free...Yes! Change the recipe any way you like to make different flavors, combinations and healthful treats :)
To Make Five 16 oz Mason Jar Parfaits
For chocolate/chia layer
- 4 tbsp Chia seeds
- 3 tbsp Raw, organic cacao
- 1/3 cup Non-diary milk - your favorite (or just make your own with a few tbsp of hempseeds and a cup of warm water in the blender)
- Favorite sweetener to desired sweetness: stevia, a few dates, maple syrup, raw honey or brown rice syrup
- Any add-ins - i.e. vanilla, lucuma, mesquite, maca, cinnamon, ginger, peppermint, etc...
For "Oatgurt" layer
- 1/3 cup Whole Oat Grains (soaked for 12+ hours) or sprouted
- 1/4 cup Non-dairy milk
- 2 tbsp coconut butter
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup fruit - raspberries, blueberries, bananas, mango, pineapple, strawberries, etc.
- Favorite sweetener to desired sweetness
In-between the layers
- Fresh berries
- Nuts, seeds, dried fruits, etc. (all soaked)
1) Make the choco-chia layer by blending all ingredients together in a high-powered blender until smooth and it reaches a mousse-like consistency. Add your non-dairy milk slowly to make sure the consistency is not too runny. You can add a tsp of extra chia seeds to the finished blended mixture to bring texture.
2) Pour your chico-chia mixture into the bottom of each mason jar - about 1/3 of the jar
3) Place in fridge to settle
4) Make the "Oatgurt" layer by blending all ingredients together in a high-powered blender until smooth and reaches a mousse-like consistency. Add your non-dairy milk slowly to make sure the Oatgurt is not too runny.
5) Remove mason jars from the fridge, cover the chico-chia layer with a sprinkling of granola, your chosen fruits, nuts, seeds, etc.
6) Pour your Oatgurt layer until the jars are filled up to 2/3
7) You can choose to continue to create layers between the choco-chia and oatgurt mixture or top the jars with more fresh fruit and granola.
8) Place in the fridge or on a cool countertop for a couple hours to settle.
9) Eat with Love!